Skip to main content

Architecture, Domestic -- Connecticut -- Litchfield

Subject Source: Local sources

Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:

Ludlow Bull house renovation papers


Identifier: 1986-01-0
Scope and Contents

The Ludlow Bull house renovation papers include detailed architectural drawings and schedules designed by Richard Henry Dana Jr. dated 1925-1926; Clay & Corigill, 1937-1938 and 1946; and a landscape plan designed by Nelva M. Weber, 1954. The Ludlow Bull house was originally built in 1793 by Julius Deming and has been known as the Deming-Perkins house and The Lindens. It is located on North Street in Litchfield, Conn.

Dates: translation missing: en.enumerations.date_label.created: 1925-1954; Other: Date acquired: 07/01/1986

Richard Henry Dana papers


Identifier: 1997-16-0
Scope and Contents The Richard Henry Dana papers relate primarily to the renovation that Dana designed and supervised in 1925 and 1926 of Ludlow Bull's house at 114 North Street, Litchfield, Conn. The papers also include materials regarding design work for Bull's New York City apartment. The collection includes correspondence, drawings, specifications, orders, wallpaper samples, photographs, and other documents. The correspondence primarily consists of Dana's carbon copies to Bull and vendors regarding design...
Dates: translation missing: en.enumerations.date_label.created: 1925-1931; Other: Date acquired: 02/07/1998

Suzi Funnell Photographs


Identifier: 2013-121-0

Nine 16x24 photographic prints of Litchfield buildings and architectural details taken by photographer Suzi Funnell in 2005 for a local restaurant. They are unedited prints from 35mm film.

Dates: translation missing: en.enumerations.date_label.created: 2005

Graves-Ray House Blueprints and Contracts


Identifier: 00-2013-81-0
Scope and Contents The Graves-Ray House Blueprints and Contracts, 2013-81-0, consists of two contracts and 13 blueprints for the building of a garage, an extension of the dining room, and alterations to the house at 153 South Street in Litchfield, CT. Ross & McNeil Architects from New York City were hired by Elbert B. Hamlin in 1915 for the renovations. Ross & McNeil were also the architects who designed the Noyes Memorial Building, the home of the Litchfield Historical Society Museum. The house was...
Dates: translation missing: en.enumerations.date_label.created: 1915; Other: Date acquired: 10/05/2014

Litchfield photographs1


Identifier: 00-2011-157-0
Scope and Contents

Litchfield photographs1 (2011-157-0) from circa 1900. The donor's parents were married at St. Michael's Church in 1942; mother (Francis Virginia Sidgreaves) lived on South Street; Grandmother (Mary Peal Morrow) lived on East Street. Views include South Street, North Street, northwest corner of South Street, East Park, the Hawkhurst, a resort hotel in Litchfield and 3 views of a winter ice storm.

Dates: Other: Majority of material found in circa 1900; Other: Date acquired: 02/06/2013

Rufus Stillman papers


 File — Box 1 Rufus Stillman Papers
Identifier: 2021-46-0-2
Content Description

Rufus Stillman's papers, primarily regarding the construction of a home in Litchfield designed by Marcel Breuer known as "Stillman II" The papers also include correspondence, notes for, and invitations to a memorial service to Marcel Breuer.

Dates: 1964 - 1981